Curated Resources > Intro to Ethics Unwrapped
Currently, Ethics Unwrapped has five video series that cover broad topics such as behavioral ethics, general ethics, recent ethical blunders, and the principles of values-driven leadership:
- In it To Win features a 25-minute documentary exploring the internal biases and external pressures that super-lobbyist Jack Abramoff faced, which contributed to his downfall and conviction in one of the largest political scandals since Watergate. The series has 6 accompanying short videos.
- Concepts Unwrapped explores key concepts in behavioral ethics, business ethics, and general ethics. The series has 33 short videos.
- Giving Voice To Values introduces and illustrates the seven principles of values-driven leadership identified in Mary Gentile’s book of the same name. The series has 8 short videos.
- Ethics Defined is a glossary of ethics terms and concepts. The series has 51 animated videos, each two-minutes or less, and uses accessible language and relevant studies to define and explain these terms.
- Scandals Illustrated summarizes newsworthy scandals and points to an underlying ethics principles that likely played a role in the scandal. The series has 30 animated videos, one-minute each, and accompanying case studies with ethical insights, bibliographies, and discussion questions.
Begin by viewing the recommended videos. They introduce key ethics topics such as moral awareness and framing, relevant to many fields of study.
To prompt conversation, use the discussion questions which follow each video. Each video has teaching notes for details on the ethics concept, and (often) assignment suggestions.
Read the case studies for real-world examples of the key ethics concepts covered in the cast study’s corresponding video. To dig deeper, answer the case study discussion questions and sketch the ethical decision-making process outlined in the case. The case studies can start your class discussion on ethics.
Review the glossary and become familiar with each term and concept. Use this vocabulary to expand and enrich every conversation about ethics and leadership inside and outside the classroom.
To explore further, watch “related” videos and read their corresponding case studies. Many of the ethics concepts covered in Ethics Unwrapped operate in tandem with each other, so the more you watch, the greater your understanding of ethical issues.